Wednesday, August 03, 2011

WOW–Just Call Me Slacker

I have been slacking on updating my blog, *slaps myself on the hand* Bad me!  I have however been creating things. 2 dresses for K but only one 4 “pack” of papers. First the papers, I call them “flowering hearts” and can be downloaded HERE.

blue greenpurple red

Next are her dresses.  The first dress is what the designer called “Girls Braided Dress” that I found the tutorial for on FaveCrafts.com. Here is what K’s ended up looking like.

  07102011- braided dress front  07102011- braided dress back

 

And then the dress I made for her last night.  I found the pattern on Brynnberlee's Etsy Shop.  The dress I made was the Super Twirly Tiered Dress.  Since I have a bunch of the solid seersucker blue left over from the first dress, and K loves the color as well, we decided to use that to accent this one.  Here is how K’s turned out.

08032011-super twirly front 08032011-super twirly back

08032011-super twirly spin 08032011-super twirly spin2

 

Also you will notice the difference in the length of K’s hair in these photos.  It is a sour spot in my mind yet still, but this girl found a pair of safety scissors in the linen closet 2 weeks ago, when she was supposed to be sleeping, and chopped off the whole left side of her head.  So now not only did she have to have a shorter bob from the first time she got ahold of some scissors, but now she had to go to a complete “boy” cut.  I know it is only hair, and just about every child does it at one point or another, but it wasn’t just a small piece this time, this time it was the whole side of her head, her Rapunzel Barbie doll hair, and the jammies she was wearing that night.  I was so sad about it all that I cried for her.  

I have also decided that being a nanny outside of our home was not going to work for me & K.  K did not adjust well to not getting my full attention, but also to having to change her schedule up completely to someone else’s.  This also took time away from her seeing her daddy.  The 4 days a week I was working, on full days, I wasn’t getting home till 6:45pm, then it was dinner time for her and basically straight to bed for 8pm.  She started acting up cause of all of it and just wasn’t listening to anything I would ask her or tell her to do.  It was not only rough on her, but also on myself cause she was stressing me out terribly, to the point where I was getting sick from it all.  I am now officially a homemaker again.  Money will be tight, but we will  survive…for now at least till I can find a part time night job so she can still spend the day with me and the evenings with daddy.

I have also been going to the gym at least 3 days a week.  So far I have lost a total of 16 pounds, which is the lowest I have weighed since before I got pregnant with K in 2007!!  I am hoping to keep on this track and keep the weight off this time.

Sorry for the babble, but that has been about all that is going on around here that is keeping me busy.

2 comments:

  1. Oh K's Dresses are darling and she looks like she is having a ball in the second set of pictures! As to her hair, yes, we all do it- I cut mine off while in a pony tail with grass clippers!!! I HAD long blonde hair and ended up with a massive bald spot in the middle, LOL Mom never refused to let me get a hair cut when I wanted one again though :) Thanks for sharing the papers as well! *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok so I am super proud of you, and excited too. I'm sure that decision was hard (quitting your job) and I'm sure it hurts financially which makes it that more amazing. Also fantastic job with the weight loss! That's a heck of a start.

    ReplyDelete